[dba-SQLServer] Linking Tables(?)

Elizabeth.J.Doering at wellsfargo.com Elizabeth.J.Doering at wellsfargo.com
Thu Jun 26 07:04:47 CDT 2008

Welcome, Darryl.

You will find that there is nothing so form-like and user-friendly
available in SQL Server.   If Table1 has got numeric ID fields in it, it
just has numeric ID fields in it, and you won't be able to hide this.
You can link your tables to your old friend Access and use that as a
front-end for nice GUIs, but SQL Server is about storage--relatively
large storage--and nothing else.  No GUIs to be had.

Having come from a Access background myself, this was hard to accept.
But with massive help from Books on Line (SQL Server Help) and this
list, you will find it will all come together in time.

Good luck, and have fun!

Liz

Liz Doering
Systems Engineer
Technology Information Group
elizabeth.j.doering at wellsfargo.com

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this
and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.