[dba-SQLServer] Fw: NEVERMIND (Fw: executing systemstored procedure)

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 15:11:39 CST 2009

Martin, my guess is this is just about AdventureWorks -- since it's
downloadable and doesn't actually come with SQL Server, my guess is you have
to explicitly specify the path to the system stored procedure.

However, that doesn't explain why the following doesn't work, regardless of
the syntax:

EXEC sys.sp_MSForEachTable 'DELETE FROM ?'

That would delete all the records in any table without constraints to
another table, but it doesn't. The message says it does, but it doesn't.
Since other examples work, I can only guess that I'm expecting the wrong
result.

Susan H.