[dba-SQLServer] Setting permissions on databases

Doris Manning mikedorism at verizon.net
Mon May 25 13:00:53 CDT 2009

In SQL Server 2005, you add new Logins through "Security / Logins".  This
allows you to control the databases those logins may access.

In the Database itself, expand Security and then Roles.  You would set your
groups up under Application Roles and give those roles appropriate
permission to access database objects.  Then you assign your users/logins to
their application role groups.

SQL Server 2008 will hopefully be very similar.

Doris Manning