[dba-SQLServer] Export from SQL to Access

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 9 12:21:08 CDT 2009

Hi Dan:

It sounds, from your description, that everything is local (on your PC),
running (SQL Express is running).

What I traditional do is:
1. Go to my desktop, right-mouse-click and create a new text file.
2. Rename the extension from txt to udl.
3. Then open the now new udl (ODBC) connection file and create a new
connection and keep testing (test Connnection button) until a connection is
made.
4. After the connection has been made I again rename the file exstention
from udl to txt, open the newly created text file and then copy ands paste
the connection string displayed in my application.

If you are having some issues it may be because your SQL Express port (1433)
is either been renumbered or blocked by your firewall.

For further comments see the following link:

http://www.teratrax.com/articles/connecting_sql_server_express.html

HTH
Jim