[dba-SQLServer] SQL express based app, hanging from client

Jean-Paul natola jnatola at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 12:17:05 CDT 2010

yes I can ping the server , i can access shares

 and the ipc seems to be ok

net use \\fci-ex\IPC$
Local name
Remote name       \\fci-ex\IPC$
Resource type     IPC
Status            Disconnected
# Opens           0
# Connections     1
The command completed successfully.

 doubleclick on the new file you'll be prompted for connection type along
> with server connection details.

you lost me there,  i dont know what to enter

Jean-Paul Natola