[dba-SQLServer] SQL express based app, hanging from client

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 11:56:45 CDT 2010

can you ping the database server?  you can also try creating a udl file on
the terminal server to see what the connection problems are.

to create a udl just create a text file on the desktop (or folder of your
choice) rename the extension of the text file to .udl instead of .txt then
doubleclick on the new file you'll be prompted for connection type along
with server connection details.

http://bit.ly/fightingcancer