[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server 2008 install

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Mar 11 07:34:37 CST 2010

Well THAT was a PITA.  I installed SQL Server 2008 on my server awhile back.  Since then my dev
laptop, which was running SQL Server Express 2005, could not connect to the databases on the server.
  So last night late I decided to install SQL Server 2008 on the dev laptop.  First of all, it ain't
fast.  Second it kept failing with this warning and that warning.  In the end I had to completely
uninstall all the old SQL Server stuff.  It simply did NOT LIKE Express 2005 and wouldn't upgrade or
clean install over it.

Since a complete uninstall, the 2008 install seems to be proceeding smoothly.