[dba-SQLServer] Read only rights

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Jan 9 23:15:28 CST 2011

I don't expect the same results in Access  :-)

The query is Read Only, the problem is with your display interface.

The SSMS interface doesn't retreive any information about the R/W status of the data that its
displaying so it doesn't stop you from modify the *displayed* data.

Access forms are smarter and lock the displayed data if it is RO.

--
Stuart