[dba-SQLServer] Setting up security in new server

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Thu Nov 17 22:32:12 CST 2011

Hi JC,

I think this is the one you need.
Basically when you copy a db from 1 server to another the PID? Could be
different on the new server. The sproc below fixes it.

C. Automatically map a user to a login, creating a new login if
necessary

This example shows how to use the Auto_Fix option to map an existing
user to a login with the same name, or create the SQL Server login Mary
with the password B3r12-36 if the login Mary does not exist.

USE pubs
go
EXEC sp_change_users_login 'Auto_Fix', 'Mary', NULL, 'B3r12-36'
Go

Cheers

Michael