[dba-SQLServer] Windows Secrets: The Sorry Tale of the (un)Secure Sockets Layer

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 10:19:06 CDT 2011

Hello Stuart

Is this your command on your shortcut

C:\Windows\system32\notepad.exe C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Me too.

Hello Alan,

you could do that, but my opinion is that if someone gets to your hosts file
and wants to change it you have so many problems that your hosts file being
RO is not going to make a difference anyway.  I would suggest instead to run
like hell.

Mark