[dba-SQLServer] [AccessD] MySQL

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Sep 19 11:23:16 CDT 2011

 > Good question. I don't know, to be honest, but I get the sense that most of the momentum these
days are in nosql databases.

Well, let's say most of the *noise* is in those databases.  And that is a good thing because the
environment that requires those kinds of databases was under served.

Notice however that the makers of those databases make no claim that they replace sql based
databases.  What they always say is that SQL databases don't do a good job of handling their
requirements.

I don't have the time to do a thorough evaluation of the nosql databases but from my reading they
are a poor or even nonexistent fit for the things I do.