[dba-SQLServer] [AccessD] MySQL

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 18:05:20 CDT 2011

Hello John

I 100% agree with you.

NoSql databases (Azure for eg) are so far removed from relational databases,
that they do not belong in the same comparison, even the same discussion.

I know they give you enormous scalablity, reliability and performance, but
the engineering in such an app cannot compare to what we do.  Even your
monster db's are pip squeaks compared so these beasts typically do.

In my mind, they are just stinkin' lists, and I am sticking with Ansi 92
SQL.

Mark