[dba-SQLServer] Adding Records to Joined Tables

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 05:49:54 CDT 2014

David,

I'm guessing that you want to do this with code rather than via a form,
since the latter makes it so easy -- just your standard form+subform. Is
that correct? If so, I still don't quite understand why you want to use a
view. Your code will need to determine the parent PK first, then use a
standard INSERT statement, passing the parent PK in, either by calling a
stored procedure that accepts a parameter for the parent PK, or by building
the INSERT statement in code and then executing. My preference would be the
stored procedure.

Please clarify why you're using a view to accomplish this.