[dba-SQLServer] Connection string to Azure

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Mon Dec 2 23:17:13 CST 2019

Hi Listers,

I have a database currently connected to SQL.  Here is the connection
string:

gADODBConnection.ConnectionString = "Provider=sqloledb;Data
Source=DAVID-PC\DALYN2008;Initial Catalog=PRISM_UAT;Integrated
Security=SSPI;"

The client is exploring moving the SQL database to Azure.  However I am
getting an error when I try to connect "Windows Logins are not supported in
this version of SQL server."

Is the only option to use a username and password for the connection string?

Also, are there any potential issues/incompatibilities with running an SQL
database in Azure?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd