[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server Field Data Security

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Jun 5 01:22:34 CDT 2023

It depends on who maintains the SQL Server instance.
An SA will have full access to everything, so you need to prevent them from making a
meaningful change to the data.

Do they have access to an accdb or are you locking it down to an accde?

If it's only accde, you can encrypt/decrypt a field in the database and validate when it opens.

If it's an accdb, it's a lot harder to protect your encryption/decrytion routine ( maybe consider
creating and distributing a DLL with the applicatin that is called to validate the SQL Server
data.)