[dba-Tech] Security measures

Erwin Craps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Wed Aug 27 08:56:38 CDT 2003

I have a small remark on the AVG update (I supose you mean the Anti
Virus update)...

Every 3 days is not suffcient...
Every hour is more likely the best schedule today.

Remember that "I love you" and all those other new virus went around the
world in 24 hours...
So if you only update once every tree days, and you just had your update
when the new virus comes in, you have bad luck.

Every 3 days is really not enough, once a day could be suffciant but I
install all virusscanners at customers at every hour!!!

Ofcourse Mcafee brings out minimal 1 update per week, unless big problem
virus come up, 2 or 3 updates a week are not that uncommon.

Take my worth, every hour is a necesaty.

Erwin