[dba-Tech] Security measures

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 27 20:24:53 CDT 2003

On 27 Aug 2003 at 15:09, Steven W. Erbach wrote:

> I've bookmarked all of the links you sent me. What you said about
> finding things out along the way is the only way I've learned anything
> about the Internet or security or Access or what-have-you.
> Certification courses just aren't in my budget.

Sorry, that was kind of vague wasn't it. What I mean by "allong the
way" is from the various links I get from the e-zines, emails from
friends, casual conversations with folks. That kind of thing. If I
hear about something that intrigues me, then I go and "research" it a
bit. Just enough to be a Jack of all trades :-))

> Have you tried the e-mail stress tests available at

Yep.

> http://www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest/ ? My OE was pretty shot through

Yep. Pegasus didn't fail ANY of the tests.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/carbonnb/bryan/index.html

> >> Unfortunately common sense isn't so common! <<
>
> "Sense is not common" -- Robert A. Heinlein

I think you'll like the sig on this e-mail :-))

> Thanks, Bryan.

No problem.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... but a true friend
will be sitting next to you saying ^Damn... We ****ed up.^