[dba-Tech] Security measures

Mitsules, Mark Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Wed Aug 27 09:22:04 CDT 2003

Arthur,

Just to be clear, are we talking about your personal computers, or clients?
Because, with today's prices on hard drive storage, why bother with
removable media?  Just put your images on another hard drive.  For personal
use, I would doubt that most people using removable media for backups are
using it as it was intended...off-site storage.  Unless you are storing your
backups off-site, another hard drive serves the same purpose, is faster, and
in the long run, a cost efficient alternative.  I just purchased 2 160GB
disks to go along with my 2 80GB drives.  With all the discounts and rebates
each 7200 RPM, 160GB drive with 8MB cache cost just $100 USD.  That seems
like plenty of room for images;)

Mark