[dba-Tech] Security measures

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Wed Aug 27 12:31:36 CDT 2003

Erwin Craps wrote:
<snip>
> Ofcourse Mcafee brings out minimal 1 update per week, unless big problem
> virus come up, 2 or 3 updates a week are not that uncommon.
>
> Take my worth, every hour is a necesaty.
>

> Erwin

I did forget to mention spybot and Mailwasher in my list of security
that I setup...

but every hour seems more than excessive for updates, I mean don't get
me wrong... I'm probably just as paranoid as the next guy but by setting
up everyone of your customers to Once an hour you're effectively setting
up your customers to DDOS attack. hmmm probably not a good idea... I
know that any of the antivirus companies probably have a safeguard for
such things but I'm just saying that it seems a bit excessive.. my AV
for sure updates once a day sometimes twice... but does not try to
update every hour...

--
-Francisco