[dba-Tech] Font weirdness and windows patches.

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed Aug 27 11:33:05 CDT 2003

Font weirdness and windows patches.Jim
Thanks a bunch, I have always wanted to try that program but I've never
known anyone who has used it. One of my concerns was print providers, which
is what I imagine FastSigns is.

Presently, if I need handwriting in a printed product I scan it in and place
it as a graphic. Unfortunately to get a realistic handwriting graphic I have
to scan at high resolutions (1200 dpi). When I do that I get a lot of "dust
and scratches" extraneous markings in the graphic. Then I have to clean the
graphic in Photoshop. This is not hard but time consuming.

The nice thing about having a font with personalized handwriting is that I
could type things into Photoshop and then have it rasterize it (change it
from a font to a graphic) for me without going through the scanning and
cleanup procedures. If you have Photoshop or Illustrator you could try that
procedure with FastSigns. It should work for them because they won't need
your fonts.

John B.