[dba-Tech] Security measures

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Aug 28 12:44:23 CDT 2003

Ran out of room on the disk.  Bigger disk = rebuild.

Back in the old days, I would get a 40mb disk drive and partition it into
two pieces - 15 / 25 or so, so that I had a "data drive" and a "system"
drive.  Inevitably the "C:" (System) drive would fill up.

Now I have a 120g drive, partitioned 40 / 80.  With the whole darned world
installed I still have 23mb available on the system drive.

And I don't buy the luck thing, too long using it on too many computers with
no problems.  I would buy "flaky computers" on the part of those with
problems though.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com