[dba-Tech] Control IIS From a .BAT file

Erwin Craps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Fri Aug 29 02:01:12 CDT 2003

Stopping should work starting IIS admin is not sufficient.
FTP WW server etc and even proxy server will not start.

Look up the full names of all IIS services in services.
If you stop IIS admin hey will give you the dependent services.

Use NET STOP "full name of the service" /Y
Or NET START "full name of the service"

Mind the order that you start the services...

Pay attention sometimes you can stop other serices you would not think
of.
Like a virusscanner or firewall

Erwin Craps

Zaakvoerder

www.ithelps.be/jonathan

This E-mail is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and E-mail confirmation to
the sender.

IT Helps - I.T. Help Center  ***  Box Office Belgium & Luxembourg

www.ithelps.be  *  www.boxoffice.be  *  www.stadleuven.be

IT Helps bvba* ** Mercatorpad 3 **  3000 Leuven

IT Helps  *  Phone: +32 16 296 404  *  Fax: +32 16 296 405 E-mail:
Info at ithelps.be

Box Office **  Fax: +32 16 296 406 **  Box Office E-mail:
Staff at boxoffice.be