[dba-Tech] IIS different port

Drew Wutka dbatech at wolfwares.com
Thu Dec 11 20:15:24 CST 2003

Just going through a HUGE backlog of posts.  Two things to keep in mind.
First of all, when using a different port, you MUST prefix the URL with
http:// otherwise the browser won't know what it's connecting too.  So it
would be http://192.168.1.100:54637 .  Also, if you are doing this with a
firewall in between, you need to make sure that port is open.  Sometimes
ISPs block ports they don't think are used, so you may have an ISP issue if
you are trying to access it through the net.

Drew