[dba-Tech] Outlook 2000 with Windows XP

Tim Thiessen tim at irwingreenhouses.com
Wed Dec 17 09:31:14 CST 2003

Hi Group!
I recently installed Outlook 2000 on a new machine with Windows XP.  It
works fine under the orginal user profile but when I added another user to
the computer, I get the message "Unable to open your default Mail folder.
found #170637 but it doesn't relate to Windows XP.  I went through the steps
anyway and ended up with the message "The information store could not be
opened".
This message relate to article 222440 concerning the Secur32.dll file but it
looks like a very new version of this file.  Anybody have any information on
how to get Outlook to work with a new user on Windows XP?

Tim Thiessen