[dba-Tech] Blocked Sender's List or Is this the right list forthis kind of question?

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Nov 6 20:54:32 CST 2003

On 6 Nov 2003 at 23:50, Mike Tope wrote:

> > A complete waste of time. Spammers do not use the same name/address
> > twice.
>
> Rubbish.
> Even with it filtered into a spam folder and deleted daily I've spotted
> names that come back again and again.
> I'm currently staring at one 'from' Kathryn R. Williams which keeps coming
> back (I know a Kathy Williams, but this is Kathryn R. Williams
> <roxannmarl at mail.plugged.com.lb>) with the subject line
> mpublw big finance why keep ûp the struggle, get oùt o.f that me5s vokupo
>
> I haven't blocked the sender, though. It got 7.9 points, which was enough.
> Mike Tope

OK, maybe I was not strictly correct.

A quick look at my uncleared spam folder: 1509 messages, 1397 unique
addresses. The 112 duplicates represent 29 different names

Of that 29, 17 are multiples in the same spam run.They have more than
one address for me in their database.
(lexacorp at global.net.pg, pomh3 at lexacorp.com.pg, hash at lexacorp.com.pg
etc)

I have received spam on different dates from the other 12 names. So
12 / 1397 recent names/address that I have received spam from were
used more than once.

Make that:
"99% of spammers do not use the same name/address twice."

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg