[dba-Tech] strip attachments to stored email.

Erwin Craps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Mon Nov 17 01:36:32 CST 2003

Hi John

I have an archiving system that archives all incoming mails mostly with
attachements.
Also for reaons of proof.
But I safe the mail entirely to disk and not only the attachement.
I need the data in the mail to.
I save each message as a .msg file so I can open it later with outlook
in it's original state (my clients also can open these files from the
web).
Each .msg file get named by the database.
You can use NTFS compression to compress this archive directory.

Because the file is still save in a mime format it will be bigger than a
seperate excel (the attachement) file but NTFS compression does a good
job on mime'd files.

And for me the message must be in it's original state, the body contains
important information to.

Erwin