[dba-Tech] Color Laser

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Sat Nov 22 13:19:51 CST 2003

Depends on how much you are willing to spend on the laser. About two months ago, I bit the bullet and bought the HP Laserjet 1500L and absolutely love it. Color deskjets have the 3 colors in one cartridge, which means if the blue runs out, you have to replace all the colors. Not so with this baby! There are four toner cartridges in it. So when the blue runs out, you only replace the blue toner. It was $900, and I've already gotten back my $100 rebate, so that makes it $100.

Don't ask me now how I did my calculating since I no longer have my figures, but based on quantities and costs etc, I figured that printing the average color page would be less than 10 cents.

The only negative I have was that when I tried to hook it up with my Linksys, it turns out that it is so new that LinkSys has no drivers for it. Instead I had to buy the HP print server, which cost more than the linksys print server. I haven't had time to hook it up to the router yet, so can't tell you how well the wireless part works. I need to do that, and hope to later this afternoon, so if that is something you need to know about, ask me tomorrow.

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"
kathryn at bassett.net