[dba-Tech] Color Laser

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Sat Nov 22 20:27:27 CST 2003

Kathryn,
Sounds like a nice unit!

I had a brother inkjet that uses four seperate ink cartridges. I tend to use
more blue because the company logo is blue but even then I rarely changed
the cartridges out for than a couple weeks apart so for me that just was a
hassle - but then inkjet prices are pretty low, I think those cartridges
were $8 a piece. Now I have an HP 1220 and it has the three together but I
refill it myself (buy ink by the quart) so I fill the colors as needed.
Never much difference in what I fill there either. BTW I've been using
refills for almost 4 years with that printer and haven't had an issue with
it.

I used to have a HP Laser 4500 and it had the four seperate colors. They
were big toner containers and it did save some money having them seperate
(laser toner prices are a bit higher). If you use a lot of one color more
than the others you should see the same results.

Good luck