[dba-Tech] ZIP drive incompatibilities

Erwin Craps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Tue Oct 21 04:16:44 CDT 2003

This a floppy thing coming back.

These kind of incombatibilities can also exist with classic 1.44
Floppies.
It can be due to a drive head aligment thats wrong or getting wrong.
Typical is that when the disk is formatted and used in the same drive
everything works fine.
Using this disk in another drive does not work, unless you format it in
that drive and it will work in that drive...
But if you take it back to the first one it can become unreadable again.

You  need to pinpoint the drive which is giving you the trouble...

This is still even true 12 years ago and today for floppies.
Read does often works but as soon as you write one bit, it becomes
corrupted...

Erwin