[dba-Tech] Software Firewalls

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 7 04:20:47 CST 2004

On 6 Dec 2004 at 15:06, Francisco Tapia wrote:

> I do not "SEE" how you managed to configure the firewall to prevent
> email from going out if it has more than 2 sentences.  I use sygate on
> a day to day baisis not just here at work but also on my home pc where
> I not only use Gmail, but also "thunderbird".  Even when I used to use
> OE, i never had this problem.

Neither do I. But With the firewall up and running short e-mails go
out fine. Longer e-mails will time out.

As soon as the firewall is disabled the longer ones go out. Put the
firewall back up and long ones, resend of the one that went out with
with the f/w down won't go through.

This happened with both Sygate and Kerio, IIRC. But it was fine with
ZA and Antigen. There has got to be a setting somewhere that is
making this block.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.