[dba-Tech] Renaming files in Windows Explorer

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Jun 26 10:20:55 CDT 2004

On 26 Jun 2004 at 11:05, Tesiny, Ed wrote:

> Hi All, I have a bunch of folders with picture files from my digital
> camera.  It (the camera) numbers them aoutomatically, e.g., 101_0110,
> 101_0111, 101_0112, etc.  I would like to get all the pictures into
> one folder but a lot of the names are the same because when you erase
> the memory module in the camera it starts the numbering sequence over.
>  My question, is there a way I can rename a bunch of files in a folder
> at one time, e.g., rename all the "101_" to "NewOrleans" and leave the
> trailing numbers for uniqueness, then I could get them all in one
> folder with a prefix that is neaningful.  Any thoughts on how to do
> this? BTW Win 98 SE. MTIA Ed

Here's a link to a page with all the info you need.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/renamers/

Note that one of their recommendations is the freeware Irfanview which I highly
recommend for this and lots of other graphics viewing/manipulation tasks.

You can bulk rename in all sorts of ways and move the images to a new folder at
the same time.  The web site contains a page with full instructions on how to
do it.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg