[dba-Tech] Phonographs to CDs

Mitsules, Mark S. (Newport News) Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Mon May 17 07:31:17 CDT 2004

>> And to all of you: go and buy some decent speakers for your pc << -Gustav

IIRC, a review of the 2.1 Logitech Z-2200 (~$150 USD, THX certified if that
interests you) indicated that the components are virtually identical to
their top of the line 5.1 system Logitech Z-680.  Since I mainly utilize
headphones when using my PC, I didn't have the need for a 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1
system and can personally say that I haven't regretted purchasing the
Logitech Z-2200 set.  In fact, I like them so much I am considering
replacing my current home entertainment speakers with the Logitech Z-680.
Although it was a fluke when it happened, I was convinced after hearing the
difference that the Logitech subwoofer made.  I had been watching TV when my
daughters came in and wanted control to watch a DVD.  I moved my viewing to
the PC.  When my daughters left the room, they left the TV tuned to the same
channel I was watching previously.  Before switching back to the TV, I
accidentally unplugged my headphones, which let the 2.1 Logitech Z-2200 do
their thing.  I was startled at the difference.  I hadn't realized just how
"out-of-date" my current setup was.

Anyway, enough rambling, there are plenty of brands and opinions out there,
just thought I'd share mine;)

Mark

<snip>