[dba-Tech] IIS, FP Server extensions, etc.

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Wed Nov 10 15:22:16 CST 2004

Arhur,

Did you CONFIGURE FP Server Extensions?

      To configure FrontPage Server Extensions on Windows XP
        1.. On the Start menu, choose Run.
        2.. In the Open dialog box, type compmgmt.msc \s, and then click OK
to open the Computer Management dialog box.
        3.. In the Computer Management dialog box, expand Services and
Applications.
        4.. Under Services and Applications, expand Internet Information
Services.
        5.. Under the Internet Information Services, expand Web sites.
        6.. Right-click Default Web Site, choose All Tasks, and then choose
Configure Server Extensions.
          Note: You can skip to Install Security Updates below if the
Configure Server Extensions menu command is missing. If the Configure Server
Extensions menu command is missing, then FrontPage Server Extensions are
already installed and configured.

        7.. Choose Next on the first page of the Server Extensions
Configuration Wizard.
        8.. Choose Yes in the Warning dialog box.
        9.. Choose No for configuring the mail server settings, and then
choose Next.
        10. Choose Finish.

Shamil
--