[dba-Tech] Access vs. .NET

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Thu Nov 18 13:27:36 CST 2004

John,

I loved CompuServe, especially when it became a local call. That's what gave me my biggest boost as a developer, I think.

I was curious about Francisco's reference to the deployment of the .NET framework, too. I'm sure he means when you construct a Windows Application as a .NET Project, THEN you've got to make sure that the user has the framework stuff. But, as far as I can tell, an ASP .NET application doesn't even require Windows to run, just a browser, eh?

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI