[dba-Tech] Desktop recommendation

jmoss111 at bellsouth.net jmoss111 at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 19 18:12:53 CDT 2004

One thing that I haven't heard anyone mention today is using SATA 10,000 RPM drives. The WD 10,000 RPM drive that I installed in a system really seemed to make a difference and they aren't that expensive, and most new main boards already have a SATA controller on board. Computers have been I/O bound since time immemorial.