[dba-Tech] COM Add-Ins in MS Excel/MS Word/MS Access 2003 anybody?

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Wed Oct 20 21:38:05 CDT 2004

Hi All,

I know COM Add-ins can be written on VB6, C++. etc. That's clear.

I've seen the info that in Office XP Developer Edition COM Add-Ins can
be created from within e.g. MS Excel VBA. I don't have it here and so I
cannot test that.

What about MS Office 2003? - I cannot find any info how to make COM
Add-Ins in MS Office 2003 Professional? Is that possible at all?
MS Office 2003 doesn't have Developer edition as far as I know - so I
expected that Professional Edition should have a feature of creating COM
Add-Ins. Do you have any links to the information describing how it
can(/should) be done?

TIA,
Shamil

e-mail: shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru