[dba-Tech] Monster Cable (Component Cable)

Joe Rojas JRojas at tnco-inc.com
Thu Sep 9 10:41:01 CDT 2004

Francisco,

The answer is YES.

You can only achieve HD with component or DVI. RCA cannot deliver the HD
signal.

Now, this plays a very important role if you are going to use HD Cable TV or
HD satellite.
When it comes to DVD players, if the DVD player has progressive scan then I
would go with Monster component. If not then RCA will work.
The downside of hooking DVD players via component to a HD TV is that it
relieves the fact that DVD compression is actually very low quality. The
compression artifacts that would be hidden on a regular TV stick out like a
sore thumb. I find myself looking for SuperBIT DVDs, which are produced with
a much better compression ratio.

Also, Monster component cables come in 4 flavors, I think. Video1, Video2,
Video3, and Ultra...with the quality of the cables increasing between each.
I typically go with the Video3 and would recommend not going lower than
Video2. I would also recommend going to DVI if you HD Cable box supports it
ever though the DVI cable is very expensive.

That's my two cents.

JR