[dba-Tech] Sharing a printer on a Wireless Network

Drew Wutka dbatech at wolfwares.com
Tue Sep 28 18:33:11 CDT 2004

Rocky, just an FYI, I haven't read everything in this thread, but when you
can't see a machine, it usually falls into three categories.  One, security,
something is blocking stuff on your network.  Two, plugging the machines
into a hub/switch doesn't actually network them.  To 'see' each other, they
have to use computer browsing, and you need to make sure you have NetBios
over TCP/IP enabled.  Three, computer browsing sucks, if you go with a
DHCP/DNS/WINS server, you'll never have a network 'see another computer'
problem again.

Drew