[dba-Tech] VirtualPC??

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Thu Dec 8 12:23:37 CST 2005

I am using it a little bit, just started playing with it really.  I have
created a virtual disk on my laptop.  It went smoothly though it does taking
a bit of reading around to figure out what they are trying to accomplish.
But it works great once set up.

http://folding.stanford.edu/
-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Francisco Tapia
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:59 AM
To: The Hardware List; Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: [dba-Tech] VirtualPC??

Has anyone played with virtual PC?,

I attended the Microsoft Launch on Dec 6th, and received some trial software
that I wanted to try out, including the windows 2003 enterprise w/ the tech
preview of biztalk server. (not to menton the
vs2005/sql2005 standard ed's

from reading the docs on virtual pc, it sounds like the correct platform for
me.  this way I can try out sql2005 and vs2005 w/o affecting my current
sql2000 and vs2003 installs.

any advise or warnings?
--
-Francisco