[dba-Tech] Strange Email Client Behavior

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Fri Dec 16 10:03:33 CST 2005

I'm using Outlook Express.  Over the past few months, when looking at my mail, the system will pause, the disk light is on pretty steady, and then the email will display (I'm using the preview pane).  As I down arrow through the mails, occasionally there will be another pause, sometimes as long as a minute, then it will display.

If I turn off the preview pane, same thing - system stops on highlighting some email - disk light is on, soaking up 100% of the cycles, so the keyboard is frozen, then, after taking its own good time, it carries on and lets me open the email.

Happens on emails with graphics or plain text (happens in my AccessD folder as well as the OT folder).

I've culled old emails and compacted the folders.  No effect.

Any ideas what's going on there?

MTIA

Rocky