[dba-Tech] Laptop should run faster

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Mon Jan 3 12:02:30 CST 2005

Hi Rocky,
Besides all the good suggestions previously posted you might turn off some
of the glitz in the XP interface (you can try it and turn it back on if it
doesn't help).

Control Panel
System
Performance | Settings
Adjust for Best performance | apply

You can turn individual items back on if you wish - I generally turn on:
"Smooth edges on screen fonts"
"Use drop shadows for icons on the desktop"

John B.