[dba-Tech] Windows Printer Sharing Question

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Mar 23 15:56:10 CST 2005

On 23 Mar 2005 at 9:35, Rocky Smolin - Beach Access S wrote:

> Perry:
>
> Everybody has all permissions.  I think the problem occurs before the
> printer permissions are looked at.  If I try to look at any resource on
> Hal9001 I get the "Connect to Hal9001" dialog box and after I enter the user
> name everything's OK.

I stay right away form XP Home ( and XXP-PRo where I can), but I seem to
recall a couple of gotchas with XP Home (and maybe Pro as well?)

There was something about it always connected to shares by default as user
Guest, regardless of what you are logged in as.

There was also something about not being able to use blank passwords on
remote logons.

I'd suggest a google on the above.

--
Stuart