[dba-Tech] MS CSS enhancements -- was Compromised IE

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Fri May 6 07:40:57 CDT 2005

John,

Well, I don't really want to get rid of IE. It's just that this
behavior was goofy enough that I'd considered uninstalling and
reinstalling until I figured out that it might be a pirated copy.

Here's a completely different question:

Do you have any feel for the level of acceptance of the Microsoft
enhancements to Cascading Style Sheets? I haven't exactly been like a
kid in a candy store, but they're fun to play with. For example, I've
modified a web page header for a client's web site using two different
MS Filters:

http://www.bxwi.com/builders_exchange_of_wisconsin.htm
http://www.bxwi.com/bxwiwithlights.htm

These two examples use RandomDissolve and Light filters. Of course
they only work with IE. Since my client's web site specifically
requires IE, I didn't worry about cross-platform stuff when I worked
up these samples for a new service (the logo was designed by Janet, by
the way).

Steve Erbach