[dba-Tech] FW: [H] Exchange server 5.5 mail problems

Jon Tydda Jon.Tydda at alcontrol.co.uk
Thu May 26 09:30:14 CDT 2005

I get that too sometimes... the trick is to not bounce the server, but stop
and restart all the exchange related services... you save a bit of downtime
that way. We haven't figured out why it does it, but our best guess is that
it's an old aging NT4 server with way too much stuff on it... it's creaking
at the seams some days. I try and keep it windows updated as far as I can,
but it's not always possible. Especially as it's our main file/print/mail
server in this site, and a BDC on the domain... they don't like me bouncing
it unless it's strictly necessary.

HTH

Jon