[dba-Tech] Puzzling Attachments

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 13 21:39:27 CST 2005

My email client is Thunderbird 1.0. After using a utility I found at
http://www.biblet.freeserve.co.uk/, I could see the picture.

According to http://www.gpc.edu/~jbenson/resource/winmail.htm, many
email clients fail to properly process attachments sent by MS Outlook or
Exchange Server. What a surprise. There is a M$ Exchange sender's how-to
for avoiding this problem at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q138053/,
one for Outlook 2000 at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q196784, another
for Outlook at http://www.pchell.com/support/winmaildat.shtml, another