[dba-Tech] FYI: Windows Update woes

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Oct 18 10:11:51 CDT 2005

This is the first I've heard about problems with the O2k3 update.

I installed the O2k3 service pack a while ago now. It did seem flakey. The
only things I can think of that were probelmatic are:
-The SPAM filter either doesn't work as good or I'm just getting a lot more
SPAM since (one of the reasons I installed it was because the SPAM filtering
was supposed to have been improved).

-The spell checker wouldn't work but I think that was due to another
application that I installed shortly after that uses the office spell
checker. It could have been either one though. I deleted the custom (user)
dictionary and then it worked.

Guess I'll hold off for awhile on having my clients apply it...

John