[dba-Tech] File Sharing Problem

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:22:27 CDT 2005

Hi Ron,

No, I don't think so anyway, the share was set for the entire My
Documents folder - including all it's sub-folders. Below that is the
My Pictures folder and below that I have various sub folders. The one
that seems to be the one most noticed because it has my most recent
photos in it is in a Canon sub folder with sub-folders below that
named for the date the photos were taken. The Canon Upload Wizard adds
the date named folder and puts the picture files into it during a
dialog that comes up when the camera is connected via USB cable.
Nothing I am doing has done anything differently for the photos that
can be copied verses the ones that cannot. I just had a few pictures
in a few folders that caused this error and when i looked into them, I
noticed that every one I had a problem with was a vertical verses a
horizontal picture. At least 90% of my pictures seem to be horizontal
so it only happens in some folders.

I'm thinking that perhaps there is some Canon program that is doing
something with the vertical shots to make them so they appear rotated
correctly for Windows and that is somehow opening the files in a
manner that will not allow them to be shared from outside the system?
I guess I should have a look at the Canon camera site and see if they
have any leads for me.