[dba-Tech] Norton Strip mdbs

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 09:30:13 CST 2006

Perhaps it uses the IE 6 list of unsafe files in the registry??  Described here

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;291369

If you know the file is coming, you can turn off email scanning in
antivirus. Or perhaps you could use your mail systems WEB interface to
download the file before your e-mail client tried to retreive it.
Maybe you could configure your mail client to leave the messages on
the server to facillitate that.  I do that on my laptop system so that
I can later download the messages to my desktop "main" system.

Since they don't tell you how to do it, I'm thinking that they are
using the list in the registry stored for IE though ;-)  Good luck.

GK