[dba-Tech] Very Low-Tech question: Backgammon

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Sun Feb 19 18:19:30 CST 2006

I may have mentioned previously that I have been an avid backgammon player.
My board is hand-made from mahogany and leather, all inlaid and very
luxurious. My checkers are marbleized plastic, ivory and brown, measuring 1
3/8" in diameter and 1/2" thick. I lost a checker a while back.
I want to buy a new set of checkers, ideally in the same colours, and they
_must_ be of the exact same dimensions. (Only a serious backgammon player
might appreciate how crucial it is that the checkers be sized correctly for
the board: this is a very tactile game!).
No store in Toronto sells sets of checkers alone. I have Googled and come up
with a few sites, but they want to sell me blue and white checkers, which
would ruin the whole look of the board.
I am hoping that some lister here knows of a game store in his/her
neighbourhood where such things might be obtained. If so, I would love you
to purchase a set of checkers, and send them to me. I will respond
immediately with PayPal or whatever works for you.
TIA,
Arthur