[dba-Tech] Kill a Workgroup and Replace it with a Domain

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 6 20:54:56 CST 2006

Someone that has actually used Roaming Profiles, please correct me if
I'm wrong, but....

IIRC the things I have read say that if you use Raoming profiles, you
should not save your files to the My Documents folder but to a shared
network drive, because when you log in, the files get sent down to
the local My Documents folder and then when you log off, they get
sent back to the server.

I don't work in a MS shop, and have never used roaming profiles, so
this could be worng, but I'm sure that I have read about this before
causing long login and logout times.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because you won't
have a leg to stand on.